Nuka Cola Earrings



"These are a form of torture."
                                         (Made in America;1993)

In March, I was at Pyrkon in PoznaƄ, one of the polish conventions, where I found Nuka Cola earrings on one of the stalls. I loved them until I saw their price - 25 $! They were obviously overpriced! I decided to make a pair myself since it's not that hard. It is also a perfect tutorial for my blog plus I can protect you all from ripoffs like that. It takes only few minutes to make them so feel free to use it.



difficulty: easy
estimated time: 10 minutes

You need:
  • two red bottlecaps (in section "Downloadables" there is a list of drinks with red bottlecaps from different countries)
  • a pair of earwires
  • a hammer
  • a small nail
  • glue stick
  • a nail file
  • a printout of the template from "Downloadables" section (in color)
  • transparent spray varnish (or nail polish)

Tutorial steps:


 1. Using the hammer and the nail make a small hole on the edge of the bottlecap.


2. Cut out the Nuka Cola logo and stick it to the bottlecap..

3. Age the bottlecap using the nail file.


4. Cover the bottlecap with the varnish and leave it to dry.

5. If there are any decorations on the earwires, take them off.  Then, insert the earwire in the hole you made in the step 1.

6. Make the other earring the same way.

Do pobrania:  
- Bottlecap template
- A list of drinks with red bottlecaps
- Printable version (pdf)

No comments:

Post a Comment